SUMMARY: This position is responsible for operating a tractor trailer truck that transports cargo to and from specified destinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and execute delivers as assigned. Complete safety check of equipment.
- Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for delivery or pick up of goods
- Ensures on-time delivery of all products
- Loads, secures cargo
- Maintains text or telephone contact with dispatcher to receive delivery or pick up instructions or to receive notice of changes in scheduled delivery and pick up
- Maintains logs of travel and cargo according to federal and state regulations
- Responsible to cover Forklift Operations as needed
- During shift and at end of shift, clean and/or secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- Meet all quality and efficiency standards
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must hold a valid CDL Class A license to operate truck
- Must have 5+ years’ experience
- Must have a satisfactory driving record no major infractions within the past 3 years
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to adhere to defined schedule
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- 18 years of age or older
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods, climb, stand as well as bending and stooping regularly.
- Must be able to maintain a valid DOT Medical Card
- The job duties will require the employee to utilize repetitive fine manipulation with hands.
- The employee must use hands to handle and feel.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly push/pull/lift 40 pounds unassisted and occasionally more with assistance
- Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and depth vision.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment requires the use of hearing protection.
- The environment is subject to temperature change with the seasons
- Constantly changing due to customer demands
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid DOT Class A Driver’s License and Medical Card
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.