About York County Food Bank
Looking for mission-driven work? Do you want to start each day knowing you are going to put nutritious food in front of hungry people? Do you want to go home each day knowing you’ve made a difference for families, seniors and those in need?
The York County Food Bank (YCFB) provides food to an average of more than 6,000 people each month, YCFB mobilizes individuals, companies, and community partners to connect our local residents to the food they need. With a strong commitment to nutrition, YCFB also works hard to distribute fresh produce to those in need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Pick-Ups and Deliveries:
- Drive vehicle(s) to transport food following all food safety regulations to and from the food bank to agencies, from donors and other areas as assigned.
- Load, unload and clean vehicles regularly.
- Count and separate food donations or purchased products by product type while unloading the company vehicle.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed and case counts for all deliveries are accurate.
- Communicate knowledgeably with co-workers, donors, clients and partners about the York County Food Bank and associated situations.
- Coordinate and drive mobile pantry bus.
- Provide leadership and support for mobile pantry distribution while working with volunteers and host site leadership.
Supporting YCFB Staff:
- Assist with special events and distributions of York County Food Bank products.
- Assist with warehouse operations as needed and directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Drives in traffic, city, rural, highway, country roads, alleys, etc.
- General food distribution center warehouse; contains moving forklifts and pallet jacks
- Frequent exposure to changes in temperature conditions
- Frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
General Requirements & Skills
- High School diploma
- Minimum 5 years of driving experience (large or commercial vehicles)
- CDL license preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Department of Transportation’s standards for commercial driving
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to read a map, follow GPS or instructed directions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, forklift, and/or pallet jack with a valid license.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a level of professionalism, promoting York County Food Bank’s community spirit and mission.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Must have or obtain DOT Medical Card
- Forklift experience or ability to learn
Satisfactory safe driving record