This is a first level supervisor responsible for the oversight of clerical/administrative staff and daily work product in the functional units of the Domestic Relations Section, specifically, Client Services, Intake, Establishment, Fiscal/Locate and Enforcement in the Domestic Relations Section. An employee in this class assists the Director and Assistant Director in the administration and supervision of department staff and services and provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external clientele. All duties must comply with State law and Rule, the requirements of PACSES (Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement System) and Court, County and Domestic Relations procedure. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to assist the Director in program planning and the development of policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Statute, Rules and Regulations that govern the operation of the office.
- Fill vacant positions in the unit by way of the screening and hiring process and coordinating the implementation of a comprehensive training schedule
- Responsible for administering all personnel functions for staff under their immediate supervision, included but not limited to leave requests, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, complaints regarding workers' actions or performance from clients, other interested parties and coworkers.
- Evaluate delivery of services, including the assessment of casework practices and procedures and the assignment of cases and distribution of caseload.
- Liaison with the Courts, community agencies and other interested parties.
- Conduct occasional unit staff meetings and participate in supervisory team and full staff meetings.
- Participate in various standing committees, including that requirement for occasional public speaking engagements
- Troubleshooting office equipment and program issues including PACSES Imaging.
- On an as needed basis, assume the responsibility of seeing walk-in clients regarding case matters
- Responsible for the maintenance of a workload during staff vacancies.
- Assist in the development and presentation of training on relevant topics to DRS staff and other interested parties on a periodic basis.
- Manage a caseload involving employee related cases.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of general, duty specific and duty-related portions of PACSES and the PACSES Imaging system
- Handle all requisitions for office supplies.
- Submit work orders for office maintenance.
- File PSR (PACSES Service Request) to state level for corrections to errors in PACSES system.
- Responsible for review of reports to ensure efficiency in the management of cases.
- Responsible for holding self and staff accountable for the provision of exceptional customer service to both internal and external clientele.
- Participate in meetings with relevant stakeholders in the support arena.
- Comply with all computer and office security and safety procedures and confidentiality requirements.
- Attend periodic training for PACSES, the support system or other relevant topics to enhance work performance.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant, related experience in support field is preferred.
- Possess considerable knowledge of support practice, and applicable Rules, Statutes and Regulations.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have solid computer knowledge/skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and a familiarity with web-based applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other individuals, agencies and institutions.
- Ability to make decisions, both personnel and case level, independently and with mature judgment.
- Ability to view issues from both a management and worker perspective.
- Ability to work within the organizational structure (chain of command) and adhere to and support the policies and procedures of the Court and/or County.
- Must pass Criminal Background Investigation.
- Must pass a Drug Test