About York County Food Bank
Looking for mission-driven work? Do you want to start each day knowing you are going to put nutritious food in front of hungry people? Do you want to go home each day knowing you’ve made a difference for families, seniors and those in need?
The York County Food Bank (YCFB) provides food to an average of more than 8,000 families each month, YCFB mobilizes individuals, companies, and community partners to connect our local residents to the food they need. With a strong commitment to nutrition, YCFB also works hard to distribute fresh produce to those in need.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for ensuring maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the Food Bank’s warehouse and transportation operations, product acquisition, storage and distribution including the general maintenance, cleanliness of the Food Bank’s facilities, equipment, and vehicles. The Warehouse Manager must build and maintain working relationships with coworkers, member agencies, suppliers and donors. The Warehouse Manager must ensure that the warehouse functions in a safe, efficient, and regulatory compliant manner at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day warehouse operations including receiving, shipping, inventory, reporting, and facilities maintenance, and food safety practices.
- Coordinate YCFB Truck Driver’s pickup & delivery schedule
- Prepare and verify all reports and record-keeping pertaining to warehouse. This includes shipping and receiving, inventory control, salvage, storage, rotation, sanitation, dump, safety, pest control, key and alarm code lists and building maintenance
- Inspect equipment & coordinate repairs
- Ensure warehouse equipment, vehicles and facilities are in good working order
- Assure cleanliness of equipment, vehicles and entire facility
- Check and maintain insurance status for equipment
- Develop and implement delivery schedules and routes
- Manage processes for product receipt, storage and distribution
- Assure compliance with safety standards, PA Department of Health, PA DOT and PA Dept. of Agriculture regulation and with all YCFB warehouse operations standards and forklift certifications
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a pest free and sanitary environment.
- Responsible for maintenance and replacement of warehouse equipment in consultation with Director of Programs.
- Conduct or schedule preventative maintenance on vehicles as needed and comply with PA DOT regulations
- Ensure maintenance of daily logs
- Manage waste and recycling needs
- Implement cost effective systems that maximize food distribution and space utilization
- Hire and supervise warehouse staff and volunteers ensuring proper utilization of skills and time
- Ensure the training and adherence of safe practices by all staff, volunteers and agency representatives working in or visiting the food bank warehouse
- Monitor the flow of paperwork to ensure timely and accurate data entry
- Communicate regularly, clearly and promptly with all stakeholders (vendors, staff, drivers, partners, etc.) to deliver high-quality customer service.
- Manage acquisition of donated and purchased product; arrange transportation to the food bank, facilitate inventory trades with other partners
- Count and record inventory on a regular basis throughout the year
- Ensure inventory information is accurate, reliable and accessible; oversee accurate computer entry of inventory data to ensure uniformity and quality
- Facilitate pulling orders for agencies and YCFB programs.
- Ensure product rotation and cleanliness of cooler and freezer
- Oversee delivery and pickup of inventory, utilizing volunteers as much as possible
- Coordinate & manage delivery and pick up schedules
- Provide excellent customer service to agencies, customers and donors
- Provide recommendations on types of product needed to fulfill program needs
- Assist in set up and implementation of programs such as CSFP, TEFAP & Mobile Pantry
Support YCFB Staff:
- Supervise Warehouse Associate(s) and Truck Driver
- Assist Director of Programs and Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer direction and supervision
- Work with CEO and Development Manager to cultivate corporate relationships with food, trucking and storage industries; encourage donations
- Recommend and assist Director of Programs with equipment purchases
- Other duties as assigned
- Indoor warehouse, varying temperatures due to weather and season
- Ability to access outdoor storage trailer need
- Frequently indoors and outdoors
- Frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, lift or crawl.
- Occasionally required to balance
- Frequent climbing on and off forklift and trailers
- Desk in warehouse
- Dress appropriate for weather and for laborious work
- Regular business warehouse hours, extended hours when necessary for operations and for special events. Must have flexibility to work some evenings/weekends
General Requirements & Skills
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred
- Minimum five years of warehouse experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- Previous warehouse management experience preferred
- Previous experience managing volunteers preferred
- Inventory management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with the ability to regularly set and achieve individual and departmental goals
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Computer and database proficiency
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with inventory systems & Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Strong math skills
- Ability and willingness to drive food bank vehicles including 30’ box truck with manual transmission
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, forklift, and pallet jack
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds with ease, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a level of professionalism, promoting York
County Food Bank’s community spirit and mission.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger
- Must have or obtain DOT Medical Card
- Valid Forklift certification
- Satisfactory safe driving record
- Ability to perform small repairs and “handyman tasks” is preferred