A LITTLE ABOUT THE POSITION
Lead the Events team for all signature and series events for both the York County Economic Alliance and Downtown Inc, and related affiliate organizations. This role is for an experienced and dynamic, advanced level events professional to develop, optimize, integrate and deploy comprehensive strategies to accelerate revenue for the organization. This role is responsible for the Events team, including a keen eye for high-value and high-functioning events, and the ability to work hand-in-hand with the team on logistics and fulfillment.
You must have a strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and prioritize multiple projects with excellent attention to detail.
You would join a department that is revenue-oriented and expected to meet or exceed budgetary goals, with the support of additional staff. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, and oversees a team of 2-3. This individual will provide guidance and assist in supporting the Membership team as well.
Most importantly, you must be willing to have fun, be an extroverted, welcoming personality with a willingness to meet new people and often be the first face someone sees at an event.
HERE’S SOME OF THE DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES
- Lead a team to execute successful events including working hand-in-hand on all logistics and programming, and identify and implement program and event improvement opportunities.
- Achieve budgeted revenue for events, Downtown Inc fundraising, and magazine ad sales, by leverage the team and capabilities.
- Manage event logistics including, but not limited to, set up and tear down, seat assignments, speaker and sponsor talking points, timelines, and day-of registration.
- Serve as lead for the YCEA and Downtown Inc events such as Annual Dinner, Golf Outing, Business After Hours, Economics Club Breakfasts, Sweetest Pint, Go Green in the City, as well as advocacy and workforce events.
- Deploy leadership team in strategic direction for event attendance and networking.
- Act as spokesperson on behalf of the organization when assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
WHY WORK FOR US?
We #MakeThingsHappen in YoCo! We have a great team and our job is to wake up daily and make positive change occur across our County.
We offer competitive benefits that include healthcare, a retirement plan, paid family leave, and tuition reimbursement. We respect that your personal time is important, that is why we offer paid time off and vacation leave and encourage you to utilize it. We can accommodate flexible in-office and remote working. We respect and encourage community volunteer involvement.
WE ARE A WELCOMING WORKPLACE
The York County Economic Alliance and Downtown Inc are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to cultivating an environment where all voices are welcomed, celebrated and treated with respect. Our mission is to create equitable economic prosperity. Read about our Economic Equity Plan here.
Our organization is dedicated to provide opportunities to all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protecting employees and applicants under the law.
General Requirements & Skills
WHAT BACKGROUND YOU’LL NEED
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or a related field.
- 5-7 years of event and program management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating multiple tasks, achieving budgeted revenue, and proven record of results.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, work under pressure and meet numerous deadlines.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, YCEA and Downtown Inc stakeholders, volunteers, and the general public.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Fun, innovative personality with a willingness to create and try new methods of communication and events.
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid work environment that temporarily—and perhaps permanently—will involve both remote and in-person work as needed.