MISSION: To create a vibrant York County by engaging donors, providing community leadership, investing in high-impact initiatives while building endowment for future generations.
York County Community Foundation (YCCF) is one of the fastest-growing community foundations in Pennsylvania, playing a central role in creating a vibrant York County. It achieves its mission by engaging donors and nonprofit organizations in creating endowed funds that support community improvement today and into the future. As the fourth largest community foundation in Pennsylvania, YCCF awards between $5 million and $6 million in grants each year as stewards of gifts made by donors wishing to turn their passion into a lasting legacy for York County.
This is a great time to join the York County Community Foundation team. Yorkers know YCCF as a highly capable and trustworthy institution that plays a key leadership role in building a great community. With a focus on marketing the organization over the past few years, the YCCF brand is becoming more recognizable as the undisputed first choice for endowed charitable giving in York County.
You will be joining a mission-focused organization with a stable foundation that enables us to support long-term impact in our community.
In 2021, YCCF celebrates 60 years of creating a vibrant York County. As we embark upon this milestone year, the staff and board went through a strategic planning process in 2020 to help chart our course for the future. We have identified exciting and ambitious goals for our organization and we are looking for someone to join our dynamic and professional staff who can help us reach them while embracing YCCF’s values.
We value courage.
We value diversity and equity.
We value strategic, collaborative, and inclusive approaches.
We value integrity.
We value innovation.
Be a key part of making York County a better place to live and work. The Accountant serves as a full-time exempt member of the YCCF Finance team which is dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and dependable financial data to all stakeholders. This team must maintain the highest standards of recordkeeping, reporting, and analytics which meet all GAAP and IRS requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Engaging Donors (5%)
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports and analysis as needed by staff, fund holders, and committee volunteers.
- Join the Finance team as a representative of YCCF at community events serving as ambassadors to develop and sustain relationships.
- Respond to fund holder questions regarding their fund statements.
Building Endowment for Future Generations (80%)
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements including journal entry preparation and account reconciliation for YCCF and its supporting organization.
- Reconciliation of monthly investment account statements from our 2 investment advisors which manage our investment portfolio.
- Reconciliation of monthly checking account statement.
- Assist with schedule preparation for the annual audit and tax returns.
- Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Assist in the modification of accounting processes and procedures where necessary.
- Serve as back-up to the payroll processing function with ADP as well as payables.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Investing in High-Impact Initiatives (5%)
- Utilizing our database software, populate, organize, and analyze key financial data while also safeguarding the company's security and confidentiality standards.
- Collaborate with team members throughout the organization to streamline processes and maximize efficiency.
Providing Community Leadership (5%)
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of YCCF’s investment approach.
- Participate, as appropriate, in industry associations and seminars/trainings to stay current on best practices.
Institutional Leadership (5%)
- Assist in the development of department and organizational plans and strategies.
- Incorporate organization’s values into all interactions with colleagues.
- Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement to identify and implement ideas for organizational improvement.
YCCF Inclusion Policy
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of York County Community Foundation on the basis of age, race, color religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249 ©(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical or mental ability.
YCCF offers a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, health, vision and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid parking, and more!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, YCCF is working remotely, and all initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
General Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and minimum of 3 years’ experience. CPA preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated initiative with outstanding problem solving and analytical ability.
- Understanding of internal controls and a deep knowledge of accounting theory. Strong academic track record, particularly in Accounting.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with nonprofit or fund accounting preferred.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team environment. Ability to develop and maintain a good working relationship with the Foundation staff, Foundation volunteers, members of the community, and colleagues in other foundations.