The YMCA of York and York County is searching for a Child Development Director to join the outstanding Leadership and Child Development teams at the Bob Hoffman Dover YMCA! This is a full-time exempt, year-round position that oversees the school-aged and pre-school programs and assists with the summer camp program. The selected candidate will receive free use of the facilities for them and their immediate family, time off accruals starting at 90 days, and holiday pays with no waiting period! After two years, the association makes a 9% contribution into the retirement fund and employees can contribute at any time.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Manages and directs the child development programs for assigned location(s). Availability to work early morning to late evening hours in accordance with centers operational hours. Act as a substitute as needed.
- Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program. Supports curriculum development to align with quality standards.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Provides reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Provides guidance on employee schedules to align with accreditation standards.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the department. Ensures program operates within budget. Monitors enrollment to meet budget guidelines.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed. Maintains files as per DHS and Keytone STARS in preparation for inspections/audits. (NAEYC, Keystone Stars, DHS)
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Facilitates Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS). Provides on-going trainings, coaching sessions, guides development of behavior plans, tracks data, and completes reports.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state child development licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs.
- Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner. (DHS, Keystone Stars, NAEYC)
- Provides staff leadership for committees as assigned.
- Attends all required meetings/trainings.
- Coordinate and lead special events for the department. Assist with the development of YMCA events, serve as lead for designated events.
- Creates and implements department goals, objectives & strategy for Annual Operating Plan.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities. Provides support and leadership in annual support campaign.
- Markets and distributes program information in coordination with marketing department.
General Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in ECE OR in a related field with 30 ECE credits OR Elem Ed with 18 ECE credits OR any field with Pre-K-4 certification
- 1-2 years of related experience, as a director of child development programs, preferred
- Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards, required credentials, and completion of YMCA program-specific certifications
- CPR, First Aid, AED certification
- Completion of YMCA Training, YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community