This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Food Program Coordinator is a fulltime position. The Food Program Coordinator is committed to quality and provides leadership, coaching, and support to program volunteers to ensure desired program goals and outcomes are met.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Administer Food hunger program in York and Lancaster in coordination with current YMCA food programs.
- Manages preparation of all goods for the food program. Along with deliveries as needed.
- In partnership with the community organizations, YMCA staff promotes the program to ensure the targeted population our reached.
- Maintains on-going communication and collaboration with the supervisor, appropriate Y staff, community partners to successfully implement program.
- Participates in YUSA share sessions and webinars, and attends required USDA and PDE training
- Assist director with ordering and shopping for food and supplies.
- Create a monthly healthy menu, that follows HEPA standards, with healthy Cultural options
- Maintain good record keeping of receipts and purchase orders
- Prepares program schedule and plans for snacks and meals. In addition, set up delivery of the prepared meals as needed by YMCA meal program.
- Monitor reporting forms and data (tally sheets)
- Ensures timely reporting to Y-USA measurement and evaluation requirements in coordination with director of NAWC.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the program’s budget and ordering supplies.
- Plans and conducts orientation, workshops, and training.
- Evaluates program quality and fidelity, implementing necessary steps to remedy weaknesses according to Y-USA measurement and evaluation guidelines.
- Provides ongoing communication with the community partners and clients.
- Upholds and exemplifies the YMCA’s Core Values and principles of Character Development.
General Requirements & Skills
- Engaging Community
- Emotional Maturity
- Fluent Bilingual skills are required
- High school diploma required
- Experience in coordination of programing and information tracking
- Awareness of social justice, faith, and international issues development, working with volunteers and project management is required
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) competencies are needed, including the ability to interact with and motivate volunteers, community leaders and staff, and write content for program materials
- Ability to use computer and programs to create tracking spread sheets and documents
- Candidates with familiarity with newcomer experiences are preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to stand for long periods, Lift 30lbs, bend, reach, squat, and sit for long periods.
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.