- Operate powered industrial forklifts to load and unload materials and deliveries to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, trucks or storage facilities.
- Follows production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
- Loads and unloads goods from vehicles.
- Moves packed goods or pallets or crates around the storage facility.
- Stacks goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions.
- Checks to make sure loads are secure.
- Stacks empty pallets
- Performs daily equipment checks such as changing the forklifts propane tank and lubricating equipment.
- Removes machine attachments and waste material from machines.
- Examines products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Dumps trash in dumpsters.
- Performs other tasks and duties as directed by management.
- May be exposed to various weather conditions. Works outside. Ability to work in various temperatures.
- Regularly sitting on a power industrial truck, frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bend, stoop, stand, walk, pivot, and stand for long periods of time.
- Having a good sense of balance, having a good eye-foot coordination.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Plant equipment, machinery + pallets
General Requirements & Skills
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills may be required.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records.
- Executes assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Maintains a clean & safe environment.
- High School Diploma
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards