Supervisor: YS Program Manager/Location: York City School District/Classification: Part-Time/Contingent/non-exempt/Hours: 20 hours per week (typically 5 hours/day) Pay Rate: $25.00/hour
Schedule: Monday – Thursday, between the hours of 8:30AM-3:30PM. Program runs from August 15, 2022 – May 31, 2023.
The Interventionist works with K-8th grade students in small groups or one-on-one to improve their math skills. The goal is to help those struggling below their grade level to increase their math competency to grade level or above.
COVID-19 vaccination is required. At York County Libraries, the health and safety of our employees are important to us. Therefore, new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire. Individuals requiring a medical or religious accommodation may contact Human Resources.
General Requirements & Skills
Candidate must enjoy being a team player and providing excellent care and service to a diverse population. The candidate should have the ability to interact with staff, families and students in a manner that demonstrates respect and dignity, and the ability to solve problems in a professional manner.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Level I or Level II Teaching Certification. Strongly prefer a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Education.
- Knowledge or experience in Best Practice Math Concepts
- Candidate must have current PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint-Based Clearance, and Mandated Reporter Training Certificate.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist level and be able to bend, squat, and kneel occasionally throughout work shift.
- Must be able to reach, lift, and stretch throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk up to four hours at a time.
- Must be able to sit for up to four hours at a time
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction and guidance of the lead Literacy Interventionist and the classroom teacher, the Literacy Interventionist has the following duties:
- Instruct small group and one-on-one math lessons with students.
- Attend workshops or professional development in best practices in math.
- Keep accurate records of all student data.
- Provide support for emotional needs of students.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain accurate records of student progress.
- Assist with individual assessment of students as needed.