SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a Part Time Day Personal Care Aide for Home Care & Hospice in York County, Pennsylvania
Required: Ability to read, write and communicate with clients in English. CPR Certification or willingness to attain CPR Certification within three (3) months of employment as needed.
Experience: A minimum of six (6) months related experience preferably with an elderly population.
- Travels to and from the client location in various weather conditions.
- Provides care identified on the plan of care for each individual client.
- Provides light housekeeping essential to maintaining a healthy living environment for the client.
- Provides companionship activities, which may include socialization activities, reading books, writing letters, or accompanying client on daily walks.
- Assistance with self-administered medication which may include reminding the client to take medication, placing medication within reach, obtaining the necessary equipment, pouring water for oral medication, opening bottle caps, storing the medication and reassuring the client that he/she has taken their meds.