A LITTLE ABOUT THE POSITION
Provide support to the Events team for all signature and series events, including logistics and marketing for both the York County Economic Alliance and Downtown Inc, and related affiliate organizations.
You must have a strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and prioritize multiple projects with excellent attention to detail.
You would join a department that is revenue-oriented and expected to meet or exceed budgetary goals, with the support of additional staff. This position reports to the Director, Membership and Events, and the Vice President, Marketing and Communications. This individual will provide guidance and assist in supervision to the Membership Team and the Events Team.
Most importantly, you must be willing to have fun, be an extroverted, welcoming personality with a willingness to meet new people and often be the first face someone sees at an event.
HERE’S SOME OF THE DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES
- Execute successful events by coordinating all logistics and programming, and identify and implement program and event improvement opportunities.
- Manage event logistics including, but not limited to, set up and tear down, seat assignments, speaker and sponsor talking points, timelines, and day-of registration.
- Serve as lead or event team member for the YCEA and Downtown Inc events such as Annual Dinner, Golf Outing, Business After Hours, Economics Club Breakfasts, Sweetest Pint, Go Green in the City, as well as advocacy and workforce events.
- Provide support of varying levels to Enroot programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
The compensation range is $43,000 - $47,000. This is a salaried position that may require work outside of traditional business hours.
WHY WORK FOR US?
We #MakeThingsHappen in YoCo! We have a great team and our job is to wake up daily and make positive change occur across our County.
We offer competitive benefits that include healthcare, a retirement plan, paid family leave, and tuition reimbursement. We respect that your personal time is important, that is why we offer paid time off and vacation leave and encourage you to utilize it. We can accommodate flexible in-office and remote working. We respect and encourage community volunteer involvement.
WE ARE A WELCOMING WORKPLACE
The York County Economic Alliance and Downtown Inc are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to cultivating an environment where all voices are welcomed, celebrated and treated with respect. Our mission is to create equitable economic prosperity. Read about our Economic Equity Plan here.
Our organization is dedicated to provide opportunities to all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protecting employees and applicants under the law.
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and the names/contact information for three references in one PDF file to lschmaltz@YCEAPA.org with “Events Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit resumes by Friday, August 20.
General Requirements & Skills
WHAT BACKGROUND YOU’LL NEED
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or a related field.
- 3-5 years of event and program management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating multiple tasks and achieving results.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, work under pressure and meet numerous deadlines.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, YCEA and Downtown Inc stakeholders, volunteers, and the general public.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Fun, innovative personality with a willingness to create and try new methods of communication and events.
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid work environment that temporarily—and perhaps permanently—will involve both remote and in-person work as needed.