Are you looking to work in the York/Adams County Area? We have a job for you as a Direct Support Professional! We have Full Time and Part Time positions available as well as various shifts available!
About Skills of Central PA
Skills of Central PA (Skills) is a non-profit health and human services organization that provides services and support for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health challenges throughout central Pennsylvania. Skills was founded in 1960 so that people with disabilities could have paid work, gain social skills, and become more independent in the community. Today, Skills is one of the largest human service providers in central Pennsylvania, offering services in 17 counties throughout the region and employing more than 1,100 people in a variety of professional, clinical, and direct support roles. If you're looking for a place where you can grow your career while helping people, give Skills a closer look!
Not just anyone can work at Skills. There are a few things you'll need to succeed. But, if you've got what it takes, this may be the most rewarding career you'll ever have.
- You need to have "grit". In this line of work, some days are challenging. When the going gets tough, you have to be tougher.
- You need to have "heart". The people we support are vulnerable, so treating them with kindness, compassion, and respect is a must, not an option.
- You need to be willing to advocate. The people we support sometimes have difficulty speaking for themselves, so you need to learn about their needs and support them.
- You need to be a mentor. Lots of our day-to-day work involves training and teaching people the skills they need to succeed. You'll have to be patient and dedicated to their progress.
About the Job
Skills is seeking a Direct Support Professional (DSP) to work in our residential group homes. DSPs are the key to the services we provide for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The job is not for everyone, but it is both challenging and rewarding. As a DSP you will:
- Utilize person-centered Individual Support Plans to assess and support a person's needs
- Assist individuals with disabilities with their daily living, independence skills, and personal care (e.g., grooming, bathing, feeding, cooking, cleaning, etc.)
- Accompany individuals to and from appointments and community activities
- Help people foster meaningful relationships with people in the community
- Administer medication(s), after you receive thorough training
- Complete appropriate documentation
Check out the videos on our Career site for more information about what it's like to work at Skills!
About the Benefits
Skills offers a great benefits package and a work environment to match!
- Various Schedules Available to Match Your Lifestyle
- Competitive Pay
- Work Vehicle Available While On the Job*
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off, Plus Personal Time and Sick Time*
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options*
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care*
- 401K Retirement Program (With Employer Matching)*
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance for Higher Education*
- Employee Wellness Program
- Exceptional Opportunities for Career Growth
- Great Co-workers and a Team to Support You!
*For positions that qualify
About the Requirements
You do not need prior experience or a college degree to become a Direct Support Professional. In fact, we'll provide all of the training and certification you need to be successful. There are a few simple requirements you'll need for the position:
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Eligible to work in the United States
Apply on our website!