Responsible for the collection of cost/fines/restitution and providing customer service for the public, other county offices, attorneys, courts in an efficient and responsible manner. The office collects approximately $835,000.00 per month with a staff of 9 people.
Responsible for providing a variety of clerical and secretarial support to include maintaining departmental records and files, answering, greeting, and directing telephone calls and visitors, and typing collections documents as assigned. Processes incoming garnishments and levies and completes miscellaneous assignments as requested
General Requirements & Skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Counter payments/mail payments/credit card payments (average 280 payments per day)
- Answer telephone calls from public and other county offices.
- State parole letters-when defendant released from State Institution.
- Calculate court cost for all files from pre-trial hearings, current business, summary conviction appeal, and hearings (average 2,100 per month)
- Implement wage attachment (average 200 per month).
- Daily balancing of cashier drawer.
- Collection of cash bail monies and disbursements when case completed.
- Daily paper work generated from probation (payment plan agreements, modification of sentence, pre-parole investigation, community service).
- Collection of over 9.2 million dollars a year.