The License Processor is a part time position. The License Processor is responsible for the processing of county doe licenses administered through the York County Treasurer's Office and regulated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Game Commission. The responsibilities include: checking applications, processing doe licenses, and balancing daily cash associated with the doe licensing program. This position also assists the Dog License Coordinator in processing the county dog licenses administered through the York County Treasurer's Office and regulated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Agriculture as needed. The responsibilities include: the sale of dog licenses, data entry functions, bookkeeping, record inspection and auditing procedures involved in the dog licensing program.
General Requirements & Skills
- Receives, interprets, sorts, and processes all requests for doe licenses received by mail.
- Prepare Daily Sales Report, accounting for licenses sold and monies collected.
Dog License Duties:
- Receives, interprets, sorts, and processes requests for dog licenses through the mail.
- Prepares Daily Sales Report, accounting for licenses sold and monies collected.
- Enters owner data into the county mainframe computer (Community Plus) for all sold dog licenses (approx. 33,000 annually).
- Retrieves and verifies owner information for 911, state and local law enforcement.
- Assists with the auditing of the sales reports of the appointed dog license sub-agents.
- Assists with the inspection, inventory and distribution of new annual applications, license forms and tags.
- Assists with the collection and auditing of all unsold dog license products for each calendar year.
- Assists with the maintenance of records, licenses, and unsold tags for the state conducted audit.
Tax Collection Duties:
- Enters tax payments detail from Tax Collector remittances into the county's software iasWorld.
- Assists with Tax Collection mailings
- Responsible to answer all types of questions over the phone and direct calls to the proper department.
- Scan documents to Laserfiche
- Embrace Treasurer's Mission Statement: "My staff and I are committed to serving you (internal and external customers) in a customer friendly and professional manner at all times."
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must possess good math skills.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and utilize software including: Microsoft Word, Access, Microsoft Excel, Fairfield Online Dog Licensing and iasWorld.
- Ability to use the following office equipment: PC laser printer, scanner, calculator, photocopier and file cabinets.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma