Children's Aid Society is seeking a compassionate and caring Group Aide at Cornerstone Youth Home.
Cornerstone Youth Home (CYH) is a community-driven solution addressing the issue of students, age 6 through 13 in York City and County, experiencing homelessness and transience. We focus on breaking the cycle of generational transiency by providing long-term, dormitory style housing to students while working with their families on issues such as education, employment, health and long-term housing.
Typical work schedule: Evenings; Sunday through Tuesday, and Thursday 3:00p - 11:30p, except Wednesdays 12:00pm - 8:30pm
Our Vision: All Children are Safe and Feel Loved
- Provide responsible, safe, high-quality care for students ages 6 to 13 experiencing homelessness who reside at Cornerstone Youth Home
- Prepare meals for student residents and team members; Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly housekeeping duties
- Enforce center rules and regulations and ensure safety in the residential center
- Work collaboratively with the Cornerstone Youth Home team to achieve each student's individual goals
- Competitive salary and professional development opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits with HRA; Retirement plan with contribution matching; Life and AD&D insurance for full-time staff
- Generous PTO, Personal Time and paid holidays
- A culture that appreciates and understands a healthy work-life balance
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity & Inclusion are the keys to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Want to learn more about York County? Visit https://whyyorkpa.com/
General Requirements & Skills
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Special Education, Elementary Education, or human services field preferred)
- At least two years' experience working with children
- Bilingual in Spanish or Creole (preferred)
- Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State background check, FBI criminal background check and NSOR Certificate required. Valid driver’s license preferred.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.